06 January 2024

Domaine de Beauséjour à Panzoult

One Chinon winery we went to many times when we first moved to Saint-Aignan in 2003 was the Domaine de Beauséjour in the village of Panzoult (pop. 600), just six or seven miles from Chinon itself. Why there? It was because we had been buying and enjoying Domaine Beauséjour wines for several years in San Francisco. We were curious to see the place and buy wines there. The winery seems to still be in business, and I see that the owners now have a gîte and a few chambres d'hotes that they rent out to tourists who want to spend some time in the Chinonais and taste their wines. I'm having a little trouble with the Beauséjour web site. I hope it's temporary.

There's another winery in Panzoult where I'd like to go for a testing. It's called the Domaine Grosbois. The owner, sho I think still owns the place, is a young man who years ago went to the U.S. to try to start selling wines there. Where did he go? To North Carolina, where I grew up and went to college. I once saw a video about his adventures there. I have a copy somewhere and I hope I'll be able to find it today. If I do, I'll post it tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's a YouTube video about the Domaine Grosbois and its owner, Nicolas.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so cool that he went to North Carolina!
    I loved that wine label from yesterday's post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I miss France so much.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss France, but coming here helps. The Beauséjour bulilding is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two, E and BA, are like me. I'd be despondant if I didn't live in France now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to look for that label Domaine Beauséjour, the name is easy enough to remember. If you found it in Frisco maybe we have it here.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?