03 January 2024

Restored royal rooftops at Chinon

The first picture below is one that I took at Chinon in June 2005. Restoration work was carried out between then and now. The second picture is a crop of a more recent photo I found on this web site. The new rooftops on the part of the fortress called les logis royaux (the royal apartments) are visible.


Here's a link to another, closer photo of the restoration work and a link to a similar photo that I took in 2005 and posted yesterday as part of this series of posts about Chinon (Touraine).

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It’s a good thing they didn’t wait much longer, the chateau was rapidly deteriorating.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks impressive with those new roofs on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary in Oregon - I don't know my URL code so I am stuck! New Roofs are attractive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still able to leave comments here? I don't know what URL code you need. Let me know.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?