24 January 2024

Azay-le-Rideau : ce n'est qu'un au revoir






This is a set of more or less random photos that I took in 2017 at Azay-le-Rideau. The man in the black boots is a portrait inside the château. I have yet been able to identify it more completely. The view of the château with a section of wall taken out... well, I don't even know where I took that one. Inside the château? On a street in the town?





The stained glass window on the right is the work of an artist named Jacques Grüber, who was one of Max Ingrand's mentors and teachers.







The statue of Joan of Arc (below left) was obviously inside the St. Symphorien church. And Au Bon Vin de Touraine(below right) is a restaurant in the town. I think its specialty these days is pizza.

6 comments:

  1. The man in the black boots is a young Louis XIV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hadn't found any information about him.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that Joan of Arc has never been forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a way with stained glass windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Travel. The secret, I think, is to focus on the window itself and minimize the dark interior of the church. That way he camera doesn't have to deal with so much contrast.

      Delete
  4. Love that cutaway architectural rendering. I'm sorry I haven't made it to Azay, Looks every bit as interesting as Chenonceaux.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?