28 January 2024

In and around the Renaudière vineyard in January 2008

Our outdoor thermometer says that the temperature here is just barely above 35ºF right now. This weekend, however, the days have been bright and the afternoons mild. Yesterday afternoon, I didn't need to put on a heavy coat to go out walking with Natasha. I just threw on a fleece jacket (une vest polaire) and headed out. This morning, I'll need my heavy coat again, and a hat and gloves.  Still, since January 1, we've had eleven days with twenty minutes or less of sunshine. On eight of those days, there was no sunshine at all. On the other hand, we've also had eleven days with no rain.

3 comments:

  1. I like my fleece jacket, when it gets colder I wear my long puffer (feathered) coat. We've had lots of rain and more sun than you've had. Do your dogs ever wear sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first image looks like a painting. The weather has been up and down here, snow last weekend, 80 degrees on Thursday, 40-something this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cloudy days here this month. Ugg.
    This is a nice display of photos, and I love seeing Callie!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?