01 January 2024

Chinon from afar


I was standing at a spot three or four miles from Chinon, near the wine village called Ligré on the opposite side of the Vienne river, when I took this picture of the town in June 2005.

Now that it's January 1, I can say Bonne Année. Alors, Bonne Année à vous tous ! Thank you for reading my blog and for all your good comments. I started blogging here in 2005. Sometimes I think about stopping, but I enjoy armchair tourism so much — looking at my own photos and others — that I can't really imagine signing off. By the way, the weather woman on Télématin says we are going to have a very rainy week to kick off 2024. Sigh. Oh well. I'll just enjoy my black-eyed peas today and hope the rains let up soon.

16 comments:

  1. Please don't stop, Ken! Your blog is a daily pleasure, for years and years. And I'm sure I'm not your only reader (and not such a writer myself) who appreciates all your posts. Stay OK and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I probably won't be able to quit any time soon. It's just part of my life now. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
    2. Ditto for me! I treasure all my "connections" around the world. It probably feels one-sided to you but not to me. On another note I cooked some black-eyed peas the other day in preparation for a new dish I found that we really like - that will be lunch today.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too. I wish I could have been there to taste those oysters the other day. I love you, my sister.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for taking us along on your great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good comments, Travel. It has been a great adventure for 20+ years now.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonne Année, Ken. I love being with you every day and the travel memories we share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Ken. May you and Walt have a healthy, peaceful 2024. I suspect we may be in for a turbulent time here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and yours! I’m so happy that I can comment on your blog again. Thank you.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Health and happiness to you both, this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I ,too, enjoy your your blog daily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, I know to wait until 1 Janvier to make my wishes for the new year to french speakers! It has been a joy in my life to keep up with your cooking skills, your menus, your photos of your travels and life and just all-around learning about french culture and the language! Truely! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too enjoy France from home very much! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?