20 April 2023

L'église Saint-Aignan de Brinay (April 2023)

One of the places we went to see yesterday along the Cher River in the Berry province was this church, the église Saint-Aignan de Brinay, just south of Vierzon. It's a small, plain 12th century building. Its most remarkable feature is a set of well-preserved wall paintings from that period. I wanted to see those, and it was only five miles from the porcelain manufactory that was another destination of the day.



I'm not sure if there was too much light inside the church or if it was too dark. I guess the bright sunny skies we were enjoying just meant there was too much contrast for taking photos. You might have noticed that I haven't been taking many pictures over the last couple of years, and I feel less comfortable using my cameras than I used too. The photo on the left is one I only minimally processed in Photoshop.
Above are two versions of the same photo, one lightly edited and the other more heavily edited. I'm not sure which one you'll (or I) prefer, so I'm posting both.

5 comments:

  1. I think I like the second photo best. The outside of the church is so plain but the inside is wonderful. The colors are lovely. Glad you got to use your camera again. I know you had a good time yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did have a good time. We had lunch outside at a sidewalk café in St-Amand before going to see the abbey at Noirlac. We were lucky with the weather.

      Delete
  2. I like both pictures. Which one looks more like what you remember?
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunlight through the church windows was blindingly bright. It's hard to say, but the third and fourth pictures are probably the most faithful to that vision.

      Delete
  3. The colors are more pronounced so I vote for the second photo on the right.
    Amazing to see this 12C church with those paintings still so bright. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your adventure (the porcelain outlet - I hope!) in future days.
    Hoping you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and it is the start of more creative outings and photography for you!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?