28 May 2022

Paris after dark - 14

La Seine un soir de novembre...


Speaking of November, that's what the weather feels like here in Saint-Aignan right now. I put a wool blanket back on the bed yesterday, but I still had to get up in the middle of the night and put a second blanket over the first one. I was too cold to be able to sleep well. We're thinking we might have had what summer we're going to have this year in May. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

It's so dry that I'm having a really hard time preparing the garden plot for planting. The soil is just like concrete. Some showery weather is predicted for next week. Maybe that will help. Walt is ready to plant tomatoes and zucchini. I have dozens of collard green seedlings, but nowhere to plant them but in pots. I guess that's what I'll do.

2 comments:

  1. Love Paris after dark.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can just imagine how hard that soil must be! Hoping for some rain for you!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?