23 March 2021

Saint-Savin : peintures murales (3)

Still no news on my vaccination appointment. Since the AstraZeneca vaccine was the subject of so much controversy last week, everything again slowed down (not to say "ground to a halt"). I think I've heard reports that France might be getting a large number of doses of the Pfizer vaccine soon. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine should arrive here in April, which is only a week away. Everything is waiting right now: the vaccine, the contractors we've signed bids with (no news), the weather (though it's supposed to be getting warmer starting this afternoon)... Here are some more wall paintings from Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe.






3 comments:

  1. These medieval murals look incredibly modern in a way. I guess the first photo shows the creation of the wold. The Earth doesn't look flat! How did they know? The photos of this series are so good. Thank you for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyes on the last two faces are epecially expressives.

      Delete
  2. I love the white highlights on the face.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?