08 August 2024

Montrichard restaurants

Montrichard is a great place to be if you're feeling hungry. No shortage of restaurants and menus there.

      
On the right is the duplicate chalkboard that I mention in a comment below. Notice that the 12 euro and 14 euro prices are correct on this sign, but not on the one just above it.

I also think it's funny that on both signs one option for a first course (une entrée) is a mousseline de lentille. A mousseline is a puree with whipped cream carefully incorporated into it. Somebody forgot to put an -s on lentille. I don't know about you, but one pureed lentil would be a fairly skimpy starter course for me.

7 comments:

  1. I'd love to try any of these restaurants. The Nanteiul would be my first pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both menus look great. That script writing is most attractive, but sometimes (at least for me) can be hard to read, especially on the right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often find it hard to decipher French handwriting. With my pictures, if you enlarge them the writing is easier to read.

      Delete
  3. One thing I just noticed on the right side menu du midi: it says it's €14 for two items (either entrée +plat OR entrée + dessert)... but, for THREE items (entrée + plat + dessert) it's actually less, at €12 ? Do you suppose that was supposed to be €22 ? Or am I misunderstanding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does seem strange. Entré + Plat ou Plat + Dessert, for 14 euros, and then Entree + Plat + Dessert for 12 euros. I don't get it. But I have another photo of that same sign — there must have been two signs posted for that restaurant. And that photo says 2 courses for 12 euros and three courses for 14 euros.

      Delete
    2. Hmm! I guess someone just wrote the wrong numbers :)

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?