14 August 2024

Loches rooftops

The Cadogan Loire guidebook that I have says about the town of Loches:

Wandering through the curving old streets of the town is a real pleasure... Loches is a splendidly imposing model of medieval defence... Loches is one of the most important medieval strongholds left standing in France... Rather than a single château, the town has a whole upper city (or citadel)...

These are some photos of the town's rooftops that I took from up in that citadel in June 2011.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for these great photos of Loches. I hope there will be more.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always remember the discussion we all ended up having in the comments, about how to pronounce Loches... we discovered that the American pronunciation differed from the British and Australian pronunciations, and chm's understanding of how we would pronounce it in English... it was a light hearted and comical exhange :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, somehow I missed that exchange, I bet it was fun. I remember asking Ken how to pronounce Loches and he told me “lush”. Did chm agree?
      BettyAnn

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?