21 December 2023

Christmas cacti (Schlumbergera)

I have three little pots of these plants in the greenhouse, but they haven't bloomed this year. I think I haven't given them enough shade, and maybe I've been watering them too much recently. All of them, I think, are plants that I grew from cuttings taken from a bigger Schlumbergera that was growing in a pot in our garage when we moved into the house 20 years ago. I'm going to re-pot them together in a bigger pot or planter box this weekend and see if they do better.


I was just reading an article about Christmas cacti in Southern Living magazine on the internet. It explains how to get the plants to flower. It may be too late for this year, but maybe I'll get a good bloom next year.  Here's a post about the Schlumbergera plants that I wrote in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see that pop of bright color in the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting article, thanks for linking it. So they are very much like caring for orchids it seems.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?