09 December 2023

Looking back

These are some photos I took on December 10, 2004, and on December 10, 2005. We had re-located ourselves from San Francisco to Saint-Aignan in June 2003, so we were still exploring the area. Actually, I just realized that the first time we ever saw the house we've been living in for 20 years was on December 10, 2002. We had come to France on a house-hunting trip and were being shown houses by a local real estate agent.

Above is a picture of the Château de Saint-Aignan as seen from down in the town. We live about a mile and a half from the château, out in the country.

These next two photos show the river Cher as it flows through Saint-Aignan, and the little Peugeot car we bought in August 2003 and still have. In the car is our dearly departed dog Collette, who traveled with us from SF to France in June 2003 at the age of eleven.


As you can see, the area is basically rural, even though one of France's biggest tourist attractions, the Beauval zoo, is here. On the left is our house, which is on the edge of a vineyard. We see tractors nearly every day, and every day, rain or shine, we take walks with our dog out in the vineyard.

3 comments:

  1. I find your light blue Peugeot to have quite attractive styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the car a lot. I never imagined that one day I'd own a car for more than 20 years. And I bought it used. It still looks as good as it did when I bought it in 2003. And it's fun to drive. It has a few rattles, but that's not a big deal.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?