17 December 2023

Watching clouds, watching birds...

...and watching Christmas sneak up on us. It's only a week away. I have busy days ahead. I have to take the Peugeot in tomorrow for a minor repair. Then I need to go into Saint-Aignan for a haircut on Wednesday.

Walt's birthday is Thursday, so I'll shop for his birthday dinner on Wednesday as well. And then Friday I go to the pharmacy for a Covid booster shot. On Saturday, one of us will go pick up the capon we've ordered for our Christmas dinner. We'll cook it on the morning of the 25th.

Just above is one of the older and grander houses in our hamlet on the edge of Saint-Aignan. And then there's a December picture of the woods that surround our hamlet and the Renaudière vineyard. I'll mention the weather: The temperature is very close to freezing this morning. It's supposed to be below freezing tomorrow morning. We're supposed to have freezing fog today and tomorrow. And have I mentioned sunshine in a while? No? That's because we're getting so little right now. According to the weather site I track for data like this, we've had a little less than 15 hours of sunshine over the course of the last 16 days. And almost 2 inches of rain.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that all sounds good! Planning for food for the festivities is fun :) Will you be doing steak au poivre again, for Walt? I'm glad you're getting your Covid booster, too! Has Walt had his yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt won't get his booster shoot (third booster after original shot) until mid-January.

      Delete
  2. That old house looks quite nice! The season is upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to get a covid booster this week also. People are still getting it around here. I hope your week goes well and the sun will shine a little for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my statistical report yesterday, the sun came out yesterday around noon and it stayed sunny until four or five o'clock.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?