20 September 2023

Meanwhile, at street level

I took all these photos on a Saturday in July between 11:30 a.m. and noon. The restaurants and cafés in the Latin Quarter didn't yet have many customers. An hour later, I imagine it would have been hard to find a table. I had finished my climb up to and back down from the balcon du Panthéon, where I had spent 45 minutes taking pictures. And I had also spent half an hour looking around in the interior of the building. I took a bus back to CHM's apartment and we went out for lunch with friends at a restaurant in his neighborhood.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love these Paris street scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le Sorbon may be named tongue in cheek for the Sorbonne. More and more place in the US are setting up tables outside now. The pandemic may have influenced this trend.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert de Sorbon was the name of the 12th century French theologian who founded the Sorbonne. Sorbon is a village in the Ardennes region up near France's border with Belgium. I just read that on Wikipédia.

      Delete
  3. Love the cafe scenes!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to go have lunch or dinner at La Méthode, which is just off the rue Descartes and very close to the Église St-Étienne-du-Mont. The name is funny because Descartes most famous work is Le Discours de la méthode, an explanation of the modern scientific method in contrast to medieval scholasticism.

      Delete
  4. Love seeing these cafe scenes. When we're in Paris, it seems there's so many choices, and you never know which one will be good. But occasionally you find one that is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only one of these cafés/restaurants where I've ever had a meal is the Brasserie Balzar. I've been there several times over the years.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?