01 February 2023

Février 2018 (1)

Walking in the woods and vineyard is an everyday, year-long activity. Here are some of the places where we walked and I took pictures in February 2018. I had just come back from North Carolina and was probably pretty exhausted. My mother had passed away on February 3. My sister and I had sorted out her affairs and emptied out her apartment. We had made all the arrangements with a funeral home, insurance agencies, and banks. On a Saturday afternoon after I had been there for a week, we had a big "gathering" of people who knew her and us to remember her and give her a good send-off. Then I had to fly back to France.


Yesterday, the installation of fiber optic cable at our house went well. First we had to help the technician figure what the best way to get the cable into the house and at the point where we wanted it. That involved drilling a few holes in both interior and external walls. In about three hours' time, it was all done and we were up and running with the new internet connection. It's definitely faster than the old one, but I haven't yet had a chance to really test it out by transferring files to the Cloud. One day at a time...

4 comments:

  1. I met your mother only once, briefly, but I knew immediately she was a lovely person.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a feisty side too. Hope you've been having a good time in Paris. Sorry I couldn't get there.

      Delete
  2. MA was a special person who did a lot of good. Can't believe it's been almost five years since her passing. Jewish people remember the day with the word Yahrzeit which seems comforting to me. Glad you found a good place for your new cable and it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be on that path through the trees, with the russet leaves, this morning. I'm interested to hear about how fast you fiber optic is!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?