20 February 2023

Février 2003 (13)

The 4th arrondissement of Paris is in the center of the city and includes many famous Paris landmarks and neighborhoods — Notre-Dame cathedral and the île de la Cité, l'île Saint-Louis, la place des Vosges, the Marais neighborhood, la tour Saint-Jacques, l'Hôtel de Ville, and le centre Pompidou. On a February day in 2003, I spent part of the afternoon walking around in the 4th and taking pictures.



Health update: not much change. To me what I have feels like an allergy attack. Walt has a bad sore throat and is cold all the time. I still don't have any fever. I'm coughing a little but sneezing even more.

10 comments:

  1. The middle photo is especially interesting for what is there. First, Notre-Dame and it’s late spire. the Hôtel-Dieu and then the police headquarters. And what I think are the boxes in which magazines and books and other stuff are offered for sale. The sculptures on appartement buildings are really great and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine you are referring to the "bouquinstes" chm? They are really different-looking from the back.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that’s right, Mary.

      Delete
  2. did y'all end up testing? Hope u feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two photos are wonderful. Maybe I walked right by them and didn't look up- there's so much to see in Paris. I hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my stomping ground in January. I hope you both feel better soon.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like feeling cold all the time is like when you have inner chills from having a fever.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes those sculptures over the apartment windows are great. I also love the Marais....such a cool area with a different vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We both feel better today, but we still have a ways to go before we're back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?