12 December 2022

You need a car or a delivery...

If you're buying wine in BIBs or en vrac, you really need to be motorisé, as they say. You need a car to get the wine home. If you live in an apartment in Paris and don't have a car, your options are limited. It's hard to imagine somebody lugging a 10 liter BIB of wine home on the métro or on a bus. Bulk wine, whether en vrac or in BIBs, is for people who drive to the supermarket or the winery. Here's what the trunk of my car looked like on one trip up to Limeray, near Amboise, a few years ago.


What you see in the trunk of the Citroën is: two cubis (cubitainers, jugs) filled with vin that I bought en vrac; two BIBs (fontaines à vin); and two (cartons — the equivalent of a "case of wine" in France is six bottles, not twelve) holding six bottles each of a wine that wasn't sold in bulk. Juste pour varier les plaisirs, we they say.

7 comments:

  1. What a great haul at those prices. How is "BIB" pronounced - like bibb lettuce or like "beeb." I'm guessing you don't ask for bag in box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In French you would pronounce BIB as beeb. I'm not sure in English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shopper cart wouldn’t do you any good. Is that what they mean by driving me to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should keep the two of you in wine for the next week, right?
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken, I answere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken, I answered your email a week ago, hope you received it. I re sent it today, just in case.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?