11 December 2022

Le Cellier Léonard de Vinci : les tarifs

Here are the tarifs (prices) for the wines sold by the cooperative in the village of Limeray, just a 10-minute drive from Amboise. Notice the prices for vin en vrac (bring your own containers!) and the BIBs. These are the co-op's current prices (2022), according to the web site. En vrac, the Touraine Gamay, Cabernet Franc, and Côt (aka Malbec) are all going for two euros per liter, the equivalent of 1.50€ per bottle (three-fourths of a liter). Bottles of the same wines cost 4.20€. I paid 2.00€ per liter for the wines I bought recently in Châteauvieux (not en vrac, but in BIBs).


In a 10-liter BIB, for example, you can buy the equivalent of 13 bottles of the Touraine Rouge Cuvée Léonard for 25 euros. That's less than two euros a bottle. If you buy it by the bottle, the price is six euros... It may not be exactly the same wine, but it will be similar. But hey, six euros for a bottle of good red wine aged in oak barrels isn't bad.


I took the photo of this label in 2013. That's why it's the 2012 vintage.

P.S. I just checked the Saint-Aignan Super U's online shopping site for fontaines à vin. The search turned up 63 BIBs of red, white, and rosé wines that are available in the store or for delivery.

6 comments:

  1. Two euros per liter is incredibly inexpensive for good wine. Or any wine. This is just not the way of wine in the US - Napa and Sonoma are nice to see but I don't think I'd call their products cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Napa and Sonoma are nice to see but I don't think I'd call their products cheap." Hardly even affordable.

      Delete
  2. I love the label, too. And, I've learned so much about labels and wine, in general, from you, Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pricing. Love that label!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I lived in your area I'd have to rent a truck on a regular basis to do my wine shopping. A car wouldn't be enough.
    As for Vrac wines, it seemed like once BIBs became ubiquitous, En Vrac pretty much disappeared. But clearly there are still some holdouts.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?