16 December 2022

Where to next?

These are the last two photos in this series about BIBs and the Cellier Léonard de Vinci wine co-op near Amboise. I'm not sure where I'm headed next. The stress of the past couple of months has worn me out. And the weather is too cold and gray to be conducive to taking photos outdoors.

Vins en vrac are kept in these big stainless steel vats at the co-op, which is in the wine village called Limeray. If you want to buy some, bring your own containers. Walt and I invested in four 10-liter plastic jugs when we first came to live here. We never use them any more because fewer and fewer local wineries sell "bulk" wines. Besides, after you buy wine that way, you have to bottle and cork it.

And here are the BIBs of wine that the co-op sells. The sign on the stack of boxed wine says you can keep the wine for three months. It also says not to stand the boxes up after you start taking wine out of them. I guess that prevents air from getting into the "bladder" inside, but I'm not sure. You can always bottle the wine if you want to keep it longer.

The is our 2007 Citroën C4 car that I've been worrying and writing about recently. It's 15 years old and has just over 100K kilometers on its odometer — 65K miles approximately. Here it's parked in front of a winery in Limery called Le Domaine des Bessons. We've also bought wine there.

4 comments:

  1. I just read your comment on yesterdays post. No wonder you’ve been stressed about your car! That guy certainly is a shady character.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the car needed repairs, I wouldn't take it to the local Peugeot/Citroën dealer, that's for sure. I have a good local mechanic who is an independent.

      Delete
  2. 65,000 miles is nothing - you should be able to double or triple that. The car looks almost new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. The Peugeot has almost twice as many miles on it, and still runs and drives like a new car.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?