29 December 2022

Décembre 2006 (3)

Here are a few more December 2006 photos — plants, the house, a pheasant, a sunrise, and some apples.

 
I've always kept potted plants in our little glassed-in front porch. Right now there are a lot jade plants in there. I can't figure out what happened to the plant pictured above right. I wish I still had it. Its flowers were nice.


For the first 7 years that we lived here, I had my desk and computer down in our entryway, next to the front door of the house. We also had a day bed in that room that guests used when our one guest room was occupied. In 2010, after the loft was converted from attic- to living-space, I moved my home office up there.

 
I spotted this back yard visitor one day in December 2007. I took several pictures of him, and this is the best one. Above right is another December sunrise we enjoyed as we looked out through our kitchen window.


I happened upon this photo yesterday afternoon. It's the same pile of apples I've showed in other photos, but it was taken in late November. The apples are less frosty and more colorful than in my December photos.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I think we used to call those succulents "Hen and chicken" plants when I was young (they threw off babies with abandon) - Google advises that they are called Sempervivum, and sometimes Joubarbe en francaise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have identified myself as Christine, from Wellington, NZ

      Delete
    2. Hello Christine, several different plants are called hens and chicks. Sempervirum is one, and another one is Echeveria.

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures. I remember that wallpaper and what a job it was for you to remove it.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of the apples against the frosty background. And, it's always so nice to see photos of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That glassed in area is so good for your house plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos, good memories. -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pheasant sure is a handsome looking guy. Are they wild in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are wild pheasants here, and I know there are also released ones. Both kinds get hunted. A few weeks ago, we saw a van drive into the vineyard and the people in it releasing pheasants.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?