17 November 2022

Fall colors

After the violent wind storm we had overnight, I won't be surprised if all the leaves that were still on these two maple trees yesterday are now all on the ground. The wind howled a whistled under the eaves of the house for much of the night. I'm waiting for daylight to dawn to see what damage has been done. I'll go out with Tasha in a couple of hours, keeping mys distance from wooded areas, where trees might unstable. Accuweather says we are still having 40 mph wind gusts.

Our "new" neighbors who live mostly in Blois have been trimming bushes in their big yard this way for the past year or two. It's a pruning that makes for a nice display in spring, summer, and fall. These part-time neighbors are the daughter and son-in-law of M and B — who are still alive and living in Blois. B is 92 years old and M is just a few years younger. They come down to Saint-Aignan once in a while, with their children as their drivers, but they gave up their car a few years ago.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. I like seeing weeping willows although they may lack the beautiful fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors. I hope there was no damage from last night’s wind.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colorful. What is that tree in the foreground with the colors? I can't ID it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shrub pruned into a mushroom shape is a snowball bush.

      Delete
    2. Just now seeing this. I must look that one up. I was thinking of another shrub that are multi-stemmed but they usually don't get those extreme colorations with serviceberry - and the latter grows quite tall. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love to see what's up in your garden. 40mph gusts is serious wind. -- Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?