27 October 2022

Sesame chicken with ground meat

A few days ago I made a Thai stir-fry using ground chicken. It's not the first time, but I found a new recipe that I wanted try, and it was easy and good. Here's a link. I ground the chicken myself — I've never seen ground chicken in our supermarkets or outdoor markets here in Saint-Aignan. I have seen ground turkey a time or two, and that would be just as good. So would very lean ground pork, or other lean meat.

As for vegetables, you can put in what you want. We happened to have one last portion of snow peas (pois gourmands in French) in the freezer as well as a jar of water chestnuts (châteigns d'eau). Onions, carrots, mushroom... tout est possible.The process is to stir-fry the gound meat with onions, garlic, and hot red pepper flakes (or not), make a sweet and sour sauce with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, vinegar, and other ingredients, and then pour the sauce over the cooked meat and add in the vegetables, pre-cooked if you prefer. Just bring it to the boil and it's done. Serve Thai sesame chicken with boiled noodles or steamed rice.

We had ours along with pan-fried potstickers and nems (Vietnamese egg rolls), both of which were good dipped into the sesame sauce.

8 comments:

  1. And... a lovely serving platter for those nems :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks delicious. And, yes, a very pretty serving plate. Do I remember correctly that you told us where or how you got this plate?
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IIRC, we bought that platter at the Monterey Aquarium.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen ground chicken here, but I'll have to look for it. They do have ground pork that sits righ next to the packages of ground beef, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could always buy ground chicken and turkey in SF supermarkets.

      Delete
  4. My kind of favorite dinner. Stir-fry is soooo fast and healthy, most times.Thanks for the french vocab! I love to add les pois gourmands to my stir fries! Lovely platter. Perfect size for so many items.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?