22 October 2022

Crustless quiche

Here's what we had for lunch yesterday: a mushroom, ham, and cheese quiche. Without a crust. It's a very easy recipe, and it's delicious. I made it with Beaufort cheese, which despite the name doesn't come from North Carolina. It comes from the French Alps.


I actually made two quiches, so we'd have one in the fridge for a second lunch.


Here's a recipe:

Crustless Quiche

4 whole eggs
3 oz. flour (100 g)
1 cup milk
½ cup cream
5 oz. grated cheese (150 g)
onions, meat, mushrooms, vegetables, etc. for flavor


Sautee the flavor ingredients and let cool.

Mix eggs, flour, milk, cream, and cheese together and pour over the flavor ingredients in a buttered oven-proof dish.

Bake for 35 minutes or more at 375ºF.

6 comments:

  1. This looks good, thanks for the recipe. I will use it. No fattening crust. I remember once when I ordered a tranche de quiche, which got a lot of laughs. Apparently it's a pointe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually looks delicious. And the recipe is even one that doesn’t scare me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so easy and good. I need to use it the next time I have some left over ham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie T. gave me a recipe for Quiche sans pâte and I used it several times. I agree it is delicious and easy to make. CHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the recipe Annie gave you and you gave to me. I have 3 or 4 other recipes for crustless quiche, but they are all in French, not English.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?