15 March 2022

An evening drive... to see the dentist

There were two big events yesterday at our house in Saint-Aignan. Walt cut part of the grass in the back yard. And I did some cleanup work around the garden shed, cutting back a lot of ivy that was trying to take over out there. It felt good to get something accomplished besides cooking and walking the dog.

Late in the day, I had to go see the dentist again. The temporary crown he put on one of my teeth last week, after I lost a old 50 year old filling, came unglued and fell off. He glued it back on. The drive to the dentist's office in the village of Luçay-le-Mâle (pop. 1,350) takes about half an hour each way. The appointment was for 6:30 p.m. and I got there early. Before going to the doctor's office, I had time to drive around the village a little and look for a vantage point from which I might be able to see the privately owned château there. CHM and I tried to find the château one day nearly 15 years ago, but without success. Here's a photo I just found on the internet:

Le château de Luçay-le-Mâle. Photo credit: http://www.all-free-photos.com

It took the dentist all of 10 minutes to glue the temporary crown back on. I have a follow-up appointment two weeks from tomorrow, and then a final appointment to complete this work a week after that. This has been going on for a month or so now. It's a long drive over to Luçay, on narrow, winding country roads, but the dentist is a good one, so it's worth it. It's not really easy to find a dentist within an hour of Saint-Aignan — at least not one who is accepting new patients.

I wish I had taken my camera with me yesterday, because there was a beautiful sunset as I drove back to Saint-Aignan between 7:00 and 7:30. The countryside is gorgeous, with bright green fields and a lot of trees covered in white, pink, or yellow blossoms. The temperature was about 15ºC (close to 60ºF) yesterday afternoon. By the way, the French government lifted the mask mandate yesterday except in hospitals and on public transit. The fact is, however, that the number of new Covid19 cases is on the rise again. People at the doctors' office were wearing masks, at least in the waiting room. I was too.

6 comments:

  1. folling you so ican read more of your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last temporary crown I had, came off a couple of times, what a bother. Nice drive. My phone has a nice camera in it, surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Glad that all turned out well, and with a nice drive, to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dentist works late which is a help for working people. Those temporary crowns often become unglued- our dentist is six doors down the street, but is moving soon. We will have to drive there now.Today's photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two probably couldn't find the chateau because it's on an obscure private road. Anyway that's my guess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty little château. It looks positively cozy.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?