18 March 2022

Paris and elsewhere

I'm just taking my time looking through all the old photos I happened upon when working on my desktop computer a couple of days ago. Photos taken with film cameras, and even photos taken with many 1990s digital cameras, didn't save "metadata" like the date taken or with what camera the way today's digital camera do. As a result, I can't really determine when a lot of these photos were taken, or by whom. I don't remember. The photos are just warm, fuzzy memories.

    
Left above, a Citroën 2CV parked at the mouth of the Gironde river near Soulac-sur-Mer, 1989 (Walt's photo)
Right above, the view from our hotel room at on the Quai Voltaire, facing the Louvre, November 1989

    
Left above, a blue door in Lauris in Provence, June 1993 (Walt's photo)
Right above, an Eiffel Tower poster than our late friend Cheryl had in her living room

     Left above, the Panthéon and the Sorbonne in a view over the Latin Quarter in Paris
La Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, 30 or so years before the big fire in 2019

6 comments:

  1. These photos are especially good to see today. It's a dark and gloomy day here which makes for retrospection. I once rode in a old 2CV- the seat was made of canvas and felt like an aluminum lawn chair. The blue door was made to last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyne. I was the happy owner of a 2CV and I can vouch for the surprising comfort of these cheap looking aluminum and canvas lawn chairs! I could ride for hours and not be tired at all!

      Delete
    2. I remember those seats in the 2CV. I think my Renault 4 had the same kind of seats. And I wanted to tell both of you that I also thought that photo of the Paris Midi café in Paris really looked as it I had taken it on the Cours Mirabeau in Aix-en-Provence.

      Delete
  2. Particularly like the upper right photo of the Seine - nice light. When looking these 6 or 7 story townhouses/homes/apartments from the 19th century I wonder how people did stairs all the time. Makes me think of Pere Goriot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I immediately thought Walt must have taken the blue door photo... sure enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. La France!!! Aaaaahhhhhh!!! I can't wait to get back there!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?