23 October 2020

Quelques maisons à Luçay-le-Mâle

It rained late yesterday afternoon and all through the evening and night. A at times it was really coming down. We collected an inch of rainwater in the pluviomètre. Hard rain wasn't predicted, at least not by the weather forecaster on Télématin. Oh well. We have a lot of yard work to do, but it's not fun to do in the rain. Now the ground is really soaked.


I won't yet go back to posting photos I've taken in Provence. Here instead are some houses I thought were interesting in Luçay-le-Mâle, just 10 or 11 miles south of Saint-Aignan (but it's a 30-minute drive on narrow, curvy roads) I went there to see the dentist day before yesterday.


The photos above and below show an especially grand house that is near the mairie (town hall) and the town's monument to the memory of the French soldiers who fought and died in World War I.


Luçay is in the Berry, which was a province of France before the 1789 revolution. Saint-Aignan was in the Berry too, whereas the village we live in, just NW of Saint-Aignan was historically part of the old Touraine province. Each of these old territories had its own architectural styles. If you want to see more local houses that are on the market, look here.


The little poste des pompiers — fire station — is just across the street from the mairie. The mayor seeme proud to tell me that the name of every firefighter who has ever served the town has his name on a big plaque on the side of the building.


This last house is next door the the firestation and directly across the street from the mairie. It's for sale, and the asking price is 79,000 euros ($93,000 U.S.). If you want to see more photos of it, here's a link. It consists of about 800 sq. ft. of finished living space — kitchen, living/dining room, three bedrooms, and one bathroom). There's a big unfinished attic that could be converted into living space as well. It sits on 18,000 sq. ft. (nearly half an acre) of land. There's a good dentist right across the street, behind the mairie, and there's a small supermarket just a block away. I noticed two bakeries and at least one butcher shop in the town, and there's an outdoor market on Fridays.

11 comments:

  1. If only we were younger and spoke French - it would be wonderful to move and live there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, these are also some very nice photos -- the colors, as much as the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. I love looking at French real estate ads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to add that the unfinished attic in the house for sale has great potential. I’m sure you thought the same when you saw your house the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did. That was in 2002. Then we watched the dollar sink in value against the euro for the first few years we were here. Finally, in 2010, we got tired of waiting and decided to go ahead with our plan to convert the house's big attic into living space.

      Delete
  5. This post was like catnip to me. What nice little homes for such reasonable prices. About the cost of a parking space in LA or SF! I want to decamp and move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take you only a few weeks to be fluent again in French. How's the Fantôme de l'Opéra doing?

      Delete
    2. Hi chm, I got partway through. Slow, but enjoyable reading. I need to pick it up again.

      Delete
  6. I missed this interesting post yesterday. What a nice house this is. It even has a fire escape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tempter you! If only A felt comfortable there, or rather if only people there would feel comfortable with him. Not that that is happening here right now. Maybe in January....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can’t believe this is really true I never believe there is cure to this hsv 2 because all the hospital have told me there is no cure to it, few months ago I saw this man email DR.AZIEGBE on internet from a testimony share by someone who he help with his herbal cure I contact his email and ask for his help also, that is how he inform me about the cure process and this man sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed for 2 week I can’t believe when I go for test my result come out negative i am so happy to share this to the world there is real cure to herpes you can also contact DR.AZIEGBE through his email now DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL. COM and also WhatsApp him +2349035465208. or my assistant my email: JAMESAVA0001@GMAIL. COM... He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
    Diabetes, Lupus, HPV, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, WART

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?