26 September 2013

Doing dishes, watching TV

Walt and I have a couple of Android tablets now — a Google Nexus 7 and an Acer Iconia A1-810. Each has its strong points and each has disadvantages compared to the other. I like them both. One of the best things about the smaller tablet, the Nexus, is that it can play live TV over our wifi connection.


Our satellite provider, CanalSat, makes that possible. All I have to do is put in my username and password and I can receive, live, the dozens of channels that we get in our satellite TV bouquet, or package. So now have a portable, battery-powered, wireless TV that I tune to TéléMatin for news, weather, interviews, and feature stories when I'm puttering in the kitchen in the morning.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, that's great!
    I've discovered that our TV and Internet provider (Att&t) offers that, too-- I can get shows from most all of the channels that I subscribe to (even HBO) on my computer. I haven't looked into getting live TV, though-- I should check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trick! I will see if I can do that with my Cableone provider. Maybe my live-in guru can set it up for me;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiens, c'est une idée. Je pourrais utiliser ma tablette pendant que je fais mon repassage :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How things develope. I remember TV being introduced to Australia in 1956.
    People no longer huddles around the radio listening to episodes of Biggles. The screen took over - there was this huge box sitting in the middle of the lounge room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leon, we got our first TV set in North Carolina in 1955 at Christmas. But neighbors had them before that.

    Olivier, faut regarder voir si l'appli CanalTouch existe pour Ios s'il s'agit d'un iPad. Pour Androïde, seules certaines tablettes sont compatibles.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?