04 June 2023

Le Jardin de Marthe

June in past years was a lot like May in past years. I took a lot of pictures of flowers. On 11 June 2009, CHM and I went to visit his friends Pierre et Marthe in the little town where they lived, just about an hour south of Paris. Marthe had a most fantastic flower garden. According to the timestamp on the 130 or so photos I took that day, we spent not much more than an hour in the garden. Pierre passed away a few years ago, and I don't know if Marthe is still living in that same house, or even still living at all.


This morning I just randomly started looking through some of my June photos from years past and found these. I've searched my blog, but I can't find any evidence that I ever posted any of these before. We had a very busy summer in 2009, and I guess the photos I took in Marthe's garden got lost in the shuffle. I processed about 25 of them this morning, and I'm posting just the six above today.

5 comments:

  1. Upper right with the iridescent beetle and the one with the dragon fly are incredible. You have a knack for capturing flowers with insect visitors/ poseurs. Curiosity and the cat is also nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can even make a Japanese beetle look good ;-) Love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, thank you!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photo #1 - Liatris I believe, #2 - ??? #3 - la libellule ! #4 Pavot? ou Coquelicot peut-être? #5 Nigella - une de ma favorite! #6 - Etranger fleur pour moi!! Mais mignon.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?