25 June 2023

Chambord en quatre photos

I took these photos in June 2004 using a Kodak DC4800 Zoom digital camera. Kodak was making some really good cameras back then. I'm glad I don't have to pay the property taxes on the château de Chambord. Or do the house-cleaning, with its 426 rooms, 77 staircases, and 282 fireplaces.



I feel like I've got the new French déclaration d'occupation under control now. I've been working on it for more than two weeks. Walt and I have both written e-mails on the French tax administration explaining our situation. Those should be proof that we are acting in good faith to comply with the new requirements. I'll write more about it as new developments unfold.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely hunting lodge! Can you imagine how many refugees could be housed in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the percepteur doesn’t answer me, I don’t see how I could comply.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you took Esta and me there in '21. Chambord is always a delight to see.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I could live comfortably in just one of those turrets! It's a magnificent looking place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magnificent place this is :)
    I'm glad you're feeling better about the tax issue! Is having your house in an SCI kind of like having it in a Trust?

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?