22 June 2019

Quinze fleurs

This time of year, when the hours of daylight are so long, it's a lot easier for me to take photos on my early morning and early evening walks with Tasha. When it's not raining or threatening to rain, I take my camera with me. I took this set of 15 flower photos almost a week ago. Some of the flowers are in our yard, some in neighbors' yards, and some out on the edges of the Renaudière vineyard. You'll notice that we've had a major "bloom" of little black beetles over the past week or two.



The new bathroom upstairs is getting close to being finished. The contractors who are building out the room is coming back today to try to get the work done to the point where the plumber can actually install the WC and the sink. Both are wall-hung units, so the wall needs to be finished and painted before they go up. Walt posted photos yesterday, and I'll try to take some today and post them tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Are you prepared for next week canicule, one month in advance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't much we can do, really, to prepare. All we can do is wait and dread the arrival of the heat wave. And water the many potted plants we have aroud the house, on the terrace, and out back. The daily walks with Tasha will be miserable, for us and for her. So it goes. Hope you are prepared to enjoy the heat.

      Delete
  2. Checking out Walt's photos, the bathroom is looking great. Your construction "guys" look friendly. Wondering what this first blossom is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower with the spider on it? To me it looks like some kind of morning glory. I think it's considered to be a weed, and I'm sure I've been told the name, but I can't remember it.

      Delete
    2. Here it is: field bindweed. In French, liseron des champs.

      Delete
  3. Nice buggy photos. We hose our granddog down before walking her on hot days. It seems to help.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?