16 June 2015

Driving to Blois in the Citroën

About a week ago, we drove up to Blois to take CHM to the train station. Walt was at the wheel, and I sat in the back seat. One reason for sitting in back is that I wanted to see how comfortable the Citroën felt from back there.

Walt driving the Citroën... No, 86 is not the temperature. It's the speed in kilometers per hour (about 55 mph).

 I snapped a shot as we drove past the Château de Cheverny, just 12 or 15 miles north of our house.

I don't usually post portraits of people here, but I like this one of our friend CHM, a Parisian who has lived in the U.S. for 45 years. He usually spends a week or 10 days with us in the summer nowadays.

We had eaten lunch in Bracieux, just south of the 16th-century Château de Chambord, which we then drove past on our way to Blois and the train station. I snapped this from the car.

I was comfortable in the back seat of the Citroën, with sufficient leg room. Four months after buying the car, I feel very lucky to have gotten such a good deal on a previously owned vehicle. I've driven it about 3000 kilometers since I bought it in February — four months ago. That's just short of 2,000 miles — the distance I drove in a month when I lived in California.

9 comments:

  1. I like this portrait too. In a way, it was a shock for me to see it because it reminds me so much of my father at about the same age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The portrait is nice. CHM- your dad must have been a handsome fellow!

      Delete
    2. It's a wonderful photo of you, chm :) I've never seen a closeup of you -- great to put a face to the name :)

      Delete
  2. CHM it's oh-so-nice to see a picture of you. You're looking good, I might add.

    Ken, 2,000 miles a month in the San Francisco area must have been an exhausting commute. And used up a lot of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diogenes. I think Ken photoshopped the face to hide the many wrinkles! Best to you both.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to finally "see" CHM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHM - Ken has made the "big reveal" of your photo! Very distinguished! Just as I had assumed...


    As for the back seats... I have always checked those out before I have purchased a car based upon all the times in the past that I had to give up the front seat for an older family member or friend. Many of those experiences had been so uncomfortable I vowed to never have any of my friends have to put up wth what I had experienced. Glad the your citroen reached your expectations.

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youppi , now I have a pic of the Cousin.
    Is it an iPad you are reading from?
    BTW: so far we have 12 GOP candidates vying for the investiture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words. Seeing this photo was so totally unexpected that, as I mentioned, I was startled by the resemblance with my father.

    Cousine, yes it is an iPad mini.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?