09 April 2017

Washed up

We got the new washing machine and the delivery and installation were a snap. Problem is, I can't get the machine to work the way the old one did. Whirlpool 1, user 0. European washing machines are notoriously complicated to use.


More about that later. Meanwhile, yesterday was a washing day of another sort. Walt "power-washed" our terrace for the season. We bought a little power-washing Kärcher machine a few years ago, and it has proved to be a good investment. Now we have clean tile and our summertime furniture on it out on the terrace. The summer season has begun.


And here's a view through the lean-to greenhouse out to the back yard and vegetable garden plot. Just because...

9 comments:

  1. We bought a Karcher wannabee a few years ago and it got frozen one winter. It hasn't worked since. Last year I borrowed our neighbour's to do our courtyard, and this year we are borrowing from another friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jade plant looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought a huge Karcher and I find that I can not control it - let alone stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Argentina, we bought a stack set washer dryer , Bosche. It was silent, never flooded, ( that was my main fear, having a washing machine in an apt upstairs over other apts ..) but it was on the small side so we had to take bulky items ( bedspreads etc) to the dry cleaners , which luckily was down the block. I miss my apartment in Buenos Aires .. it would be perfect for just me and the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meanwhile, I forgot to say I love the tile, I love love love the view and the view from the greenhouse.
      You will be so cozy and content, it will be difficult to leave the house and go to town ! :)

      Delete
  5. I do find our washing machines come with a plethora of options I never use, but once I've plumped for a program that does the job for my limited needs (being a single person), that's the only one I use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same Kärcher, it's absolutely ideal, and easy to move around.
    For years I had a wonderful Bosch washing machine which not only moved house, but country too, and never missed a beat. Eventually one of the plastic dial knobs broke and couldn't be replaced. Infuriating, but I guess they want to sell new machines. I now have another Bosch which has a mind of it's own. I'll programme it, and then have to wait to make sure it feels like working. If it doesn't I'll get a message saying no, or even yes - but then it might have a hissy fit and change it's mind ! Of course it always works perfectly when we get the engineer in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh those tiresome hissy fits that appliances throw now and then ...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?