09 March 2015

Café Sully a no go... but I found Le Gribouille

The Paris café where I wanted to have lunch yesterday was -- wouldn't you know it! -- closed up tight. It was this one:


So I walked on toward the center of town and found this one, Called Le Gribouille:


The place was packed. The weather was sunny and actually felt warm. The service was relaxed and pleasant.


I had a nice salad with grilled eggplant and zucchini, toasted walnuts, and grilled goat cheese on toast. Lettuce and tomato too of course.


There is one more photo, closer up.

I got my wakeup call at 4:30 this morning. I'm headed over to Terminal 2 to get checked for my eight o'clock flight.


16 comments:

  1. Happy travels, Ken! I knew we'd get a good Paris photo or two today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Managed to resize and post a few photos using my tablet. Ouf!

      Delete
  2. All was not lost; the lunch looks tasty. I got your messages just fine, so I don't know what's up with the tablet. Writing here just in case. Bon vol ! W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked in, through security, and at my gate now. Time for coffee. Feel good.

      Delete
  3. Safe journey and enjoy your time with family - Carol & Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunch looked yummy. We're glad you have that tablet so we could see your warm sunny Sunday in Paris. Bonne route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost there. I hope your travels today are good.

      Delete
  5. Isn't free airport wifi great?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice that you could still enjoy a sunny lunchtime in Paris and some sightseeing and even send a posting!

      Is there just 30 minutes of free wifi at CDG? Or longer if you pay?

      With the euro down and the dollar up, this will likely be the year I will visit France!! YEAH!

      Mary in Oregon

      Delete
  6. You must be in Atlanta now, waiting for your flight to New Bern, NC. Have a great day. Best regards to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I write, you should be in Atlanta, scurrying to your next flight. Your lunch is making me drool.... I look forward to a french salad this summer....

    Have a great time visiting with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here I am in Atlanta, with time to spare before boarding my second flight. The Paris-Atlanta flight was 9 hrs 30 mins and very smooth.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?