09 March 2015

Café Sully a no go... but I found Le Gribouille

The Paris café where I wanted to have lunch yesterday was -- wouldn't you know it! -- closed up tight. It was this one:


So I walked on toward the center of town and found this one, Called Le Gribouille:


The place was packed. The weather was sunny and actually felt warm. The service was relaxed and pleasant.


I had a nice salad with grilled eggplant and zucchini, toasted walnuts, and grilled goat cheese on toast. Lettuce and tomato too of course.


There is one more photo, closer up.

I got my wakeup call at 4:30 this morning. I'm headed over to Terminal 2 to get checked for my eight o'clock flight.


16 comments:

Seine Judeet (Judith) said...

Happy travels, Ken! I knew we'd get a good Paris photo or two today!

wcs said...

All was not lost; the lunch looks tasty. I got your messages just fine, so I don't know what's up with the tablet. Writing here just in case. Bon vol ! W.

Ken Broadhurst said...

Checked in, through security, and at my gate now. Time for coffee. Feel good.

Ken Broadhurst said...

Managed to resize and post a few photos using my tablet. Ouf!

Carolg said...

Safe journey and enjoy your time with family - Carol & Michael

Susan said...

Have a good flight.

Evelyn said...

Lunch looked yummy. We're glad you have that tablet so we could see your warm sunny Sunday in Paris. Bonne route.

Carolyn said...

Isn't free airport wifi great?

chm said...

You must be in Atlanta now, waiting for your flight to New Bern, NC. Have a great day. Best regards to your mother.

C in California said...

As I write, you should be in Atlanta, scurrying to your next flight. Your lunch is making me drool.... I look forward to a french salad this summer....

Have a great time visiting with family.

Ken Broadhurst said...

Here I am in Atlanta, with time to spare before boarding my second flight. The Paris-Atlanta flight was 9 hrs 30 mins and very smooth.

Ken Broadhurst said...

That it is!

Ken Broadhurst said...

Will do!

Ken Broadhurst said...

I'm almost there. I hope your travels today are good.

Mary said...

So nice that you could still enjoy a sunny lunchtime in Paris and some sightseeing and even send a posting!

Is there just 30 minutes of free wifi at CDG? Or longer if you pay?

With the euro down and the dollar up, this will likely be the year I will visit France!! YEAH!

Mary in Oregon

Seine Judeet (Judith) said...

Glad it was a smooth flight :)