29 June 2024

Where were we?

The timestamp on these photos says I took them on the morning of July 26, 2006. The photos just before these show pictures of the town called Le Grand-Pressigny. The photos just after them show pictures of Saint-Savin-sur-Gartempe. I was out driving around with Charles-Henry, and I think we went to towns called Fontgombault, where there is a well-known abbey, and Mérigny, of which I have no clear memory. Can anybody where I might have seen and photographed these stained-glass windows?




5 comments:

  1. I searched Google for the image, this looks like a good match https://structurae.net/en/structures/eglise-notre-dame-de-la-roche-posay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. Now that you've said that, I do have a vague memory of going to La Roche-Posay that day. Charles-Henry and I saw so many places in those eight or ten hours of driving around way back then.

      Delete
  2. Google is a wonder. These windows look like replacements. Jeanne d'Arc is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are definitely replacements - pretty wonderful ones.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?