02 February 2024

More about our 2019 gîte

Here are a few more pictures I took when we stayed in a gîte in Auvergne in 2019. We spent five nights there. It was the week of my birthday, and the trip was a special gift to myself because I had always wanted to see the area but had never had the chance. That's our car parked in from of the house. In the second photo you can see the outbuilding that included a sparking space for the car. The owner's house is the one you see on the left, in the background.

As I mentioned yesterday, the house had a fairly big living room and a very big kitchen/dining room on the ground floor. We had satellite television and because some of the days were cold and damp, we spent and afternoon/evening or two watching it. We cooked our own meals in the evening (nothing very fancy). Since we were traveling with Tasha the Sheltie, we didn't go out to restaurants.

As you can see on the right above, upstairs the gîte had a fine bathroom, which included a shower, sink, and toilet. There was also a half-bath on the ground floor. There were three bedrooms upstairs and we only used one. Another one was a good place for us to lay out our clean clothes for the stay. As for the third bedroom, we just closed the door to keep Tasha out of there so the owner would have just one bedroom to clean when we left to come back to Saint-Aignan.

2 comments:

  1. I don’t really remember seeing posts about this trip, for some reason. I love the stone the house is built with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing the gites that you rent. This one is very nice.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?