09 September 2020

Le Louvre, 2007

The day in September 2007 when my sister, our friend, and I went up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, we had lunch chez Chartier and then took a walk over to the Palais Garnier, the Madeleine church, the Place de la Concorde, and finally into the Tuileries and on to the Louvre. Here are six photos I took as we walked through the main courtyard of the world's biggest museum.

La pyramide du Louvre

Reflecting, resting

La pyramide et une fontaine

L'arc de triomphe du Carrousel

Molière au Louvre

Bas-relief above the doorway into the Cour Carrée du Louvre, façade sud

The sculptor who did the bas-relief above, Antoine-Léonard Dupasquier (1748-1831),
also decorated the façade of the arc de triomphe du Carrousel that you see in my photo.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting my morning off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reflection photo. I have to wonder if you knew at the moment you took it, how great it would turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't know how that photo would turn out. With digital cameras, one nice thing is that you can take risks because there is no per-picture cost involved the way there used to be with film.

      Delete
  3. Love the pyramid reflection picture! The Louvre is always nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reflection on the pyramid.

    O/T - I'm writing an email to Diogenes about the book in French, Le Fantôme de l'Opéra, by Gaston Leroux, that he just downloaded, and I took the liberty to include a copy of your photo of the statue of Apollo, on the roof of the Opéra, with his golden lyra which is mentioned in the book that I just finished reading myself.

    Even for a native, some passages are difficult to follow easily even though it is very well written.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?