07 September 2020

Back on the street again

It was September 2007 and my sister and a good friend of ours had come to visit us in France. We were in Paris at the end of their trip. We didn't go up to the top of the Tour Montparnasse, but we did go up to the top of the Tour Eiffel. More about that later.


I didn't take these photos from the top of a tower, however. My sister, our friend, and I also took a long walk, including some bus rides, around the city. We had lunch at the Bouillon Chartier. As we walked past the nearby opera house, the Palais Garnier, I aimed my camera upward to try to get photos of some of the statues on the roof of the building.


And it worked. I was surprised. I think I had a fairly new camera at the time, a Panasonic Lumix TZ3. That's another camera I gave away at some point. Oh well. Yesterday, I posted a photo of  the Palais Garnier's roof, and you can see these three statues in context by clicking here. Look up high for this third one.


That fine day, we also walked through the courtyards at the Louvre and I took some photos there too. Be warned...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful statuary. I wonder when these were gilded? I don't think they were always that way. There seems to have been a movement around Paris at some point, as the Louvre gates were gilded, details on Seine bridges etc. Love the comedy and tragedy masks on the cornice.

    Bouillon Chartier looks good. I'd never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never did I until Ken took me there for lunch!

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite building in Paris. The bubble metro station is a nice view from Chartier.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?