27 February 2019

S'asseoir





That's the verb "to sit" in French. To seat oneself. When you've been walking around Paris for hours, you just want to find a nice place to sit. Here are three examples of places you might choose when you want to take a load off your feet.











L'Église du Dôme aux Invalides.











Vous reconnaîtrez la Tour Eiffel ci-dessous.









Don't feel too special just because you're sitting in Paris and somebody else isn't. As Michel de Montaigne, the Renaissance author of Les Essais, wrote: « Sur le plus beau trône du monde, on n’est jamais assis que sur son cul ! » Can you translate that?










These are more photos from 1998.

4 comments:

  1. I love the quote from Montaigne. J'adore. And it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yes, I can, and it's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think even I get the quote lol. I love the vibrant colors in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?