15 January 2023

Janvier 2008 (3)

    Which pile of rocks do you like better? The one on the right is known as the Château de l'Estang (or de L'Étang) and is located near Orbigny, less than 15 minutes from Saint-Aignan by car. It has a Wikipédia page in French. The one on the left is "just another pile of rocks" and is nearby. It has no Wikipédia page.

    All the photos in this post are ones I took in January 2008. Just above, you can see we had had a lot of rain and there were many ponds and puddles in the Renaudière vineyard we live in. And then the clouds went away and we had beautiful sunsets and sunrises for a while.

    Here are two photos that I took on January 15, 2008, exactly 15 years ago today, out of our kitchen window. The sunrise was pretty colorful that morning. Actually, it's often pretty colorful.

14 comments:

  1. Charming set of photos. I wonder who lives in the Chateau d'Estang?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know — haven't found anything about it. As far as I know, the chateau is not open to the public.

      Delete
  2. Our sunsets have been nice lately. I don't see very many sunrises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, the sun comes up here at about 8:40!

      Delete
  3. Top left is an Ikea Château.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much color! That's a great array of photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good looking chateau and per the French wiki page, built in style Louis XII.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the British calling large houses "a pile" is humorous! I prefer your photo of the chateau à droite.
    Great idea to take a cutting of the fuschias. Might as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wikipédia picture of the Château de l'Étang is a little blurred. Soft focus, I guess one would say.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?