16 January 2023

Janvier 2008 (4)

In January 2008 my Christmas cactus plants were blooming nicely. This was a plant that we found in the garage when we moved into our house in Saint-Aignan almost 20 years ago. Who knows when it had last been watered. The house stood empty for two years before we moved in.

   


I still have two or three cacti, but last summer's three extreme heat waves did several pots of it in. The plants burned up in the greenhouse before I could move them outdoors. The few branches I have left are flowering right now, but not beautifully.

    These cacti are in the genus Schlumbergera and are native to Brazil. I plan to take some cuttings from the ones that are still living and start some new ones for next year.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have much luck with my Thanksgiving cactus, but it keeps on living. You are really good with house plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as Evelyn said, yes, yes... you really are good with these plants. I am not a good house plant person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that Christmas cactus was glad to have some water after sitting in the garage for a long stretch. The flowers sure are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?