04 December 2020

Le gîte rural à Pocé-sur-Cisse, près d'Amboise

I didn't take as many photos of the inside of Jean and Adrienne's gîte rural as I thought I had. For example, I don't seem to have any photos of the bedrooms. I believe there were three of them, and two of them had exposed, rough-hewn-oak roof trusses. The living/dining room downstairs had exposed ceiling beams (poutres apparentes in French). I guess I didn't take many photos because we were busy while we were there, visiting houses that were for sale, and because we were only in the gîte for 5 or 6 nights before we drove back to Paris and flew back to San Francisco.



The owners, Jean and Adrienne, lived in the grander house on the left, and we were staying in the converted barn on the right. In the slide show, one picture shows Walt petting the local black cat, and there was also a little black dog living in with J and A. They were great, by the way. They were very interested to learn that we were looking for a house to buy. They invited us to dinner one night, and when we moved into our house in Saint-Aignan, we had them over for dinner too. I'm sorry we sort of lost touch with them over the years.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely gite. It may not be too late to reconnect with Jean and Adrienne. If they are still around, I’m sure they would love to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder what became of them. Adrienne said several times that what she really wanted to do was move into a high-rise building in Tours and enjoy urban life. Their last name was S***d, and I see a Jean S***d listed in the online telephone directory for Tours. Maybe it's them...

      Delete
  2. The place looks very comfortable and I like the style of the owner's house. 5 or 6 nights with a trip to San Francisco on either end is a lot of travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't really have time to get over jet lag. But we were a lot younger in 2002, and we were on a mission.

      Delete
  3. If you have an email address for Jean and Adrienne, they might well still use that. People seem to hang onto email addys.
    It looks like a very pleasant gite.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?