16 December 2019

Same old same old





We have seen the sun for a few hours over recent days. I've even taken my camera out on walks with the dog. These photos are some that I took Saturday morning. We've continued having overnight rains, and the ground is still totally saturated.




As I've said, we here in Saint-Aignan are not too affected by the current transit strikes. It seems that the situation in the région parisienne today will be about the same as it was on Friday (the 13th). In other words, limited service for people who commute in the Paris area, and almost no service during most of the day or in the evening.



According to articles in the Parisien newspaper, which is a regional (not national) paper, many of the city's metro lines will be running a very limited number of trains today and only during morning and evening rush hours. I didn't see any reports about the bus system. Service out to the suburbs, including to and from CDG airport, will be very limited as well.




I have to get on the phone and try to find a roofer who will be able to come see what needs to be done to fix the leak that is our current crisis. According to at least one internet weather site, we are supposed to have heavy rains Thursday night, but not much rain before then. Is it a window of opportunity?

7 comments:

  1. I hope you can have your roof fixed before the Thursday rains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember that intense rain and wind we experienced years ago when you were here? And the attic trap door blowing open? That kind of weather is fairly rare here, but it happens, as you know.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I remember that torrential rain and wind storm! I don’t think Danielle and I would have made it out to your house without you leading us. I remember too that Walt was injured by that attic trap door!

      Delete
  2. I second that wish....And hope you get some sunshine from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, hope you are able to it it fixed! Do you have one of those tarp things you can put over the area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have anything like that and I don't know how we'd get it up there if we did. I'll keep calling people today.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?