08 July 2017

Sunset, moonset

It wasn't quite as hot yesterday as the day before, but it was more humid. I took a couple of photos of the sunset from our upstairs windows. I think they give the feeling of the day. The loft space was blazing hot.



This morning, Tasha woke me up at 5:01 with a couple shrill barks. She was ready to go outside and then have her breakfast. The moon was spectacular, but it was still dark, so the photo is "noisier" than I would like. I'll post it anyway.


So the heat wave continues. I just looked at Accuweather for Saint-Aignan. The "historical average" high temperature for this time of year is 76ºF. The actual high temperature reported by Accuweather for Saint-Aignan on Thursday 6 July was 97º. They haven't reported yesterday's high temperature yet.

9 comments:

  1. The noise in the last photo makes it imteresting. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking out the window in "your" bedroom as the moon was setting out toward the end of the gravel road through the vineyard.

      Delete
  2. Agreed. It's a great picture.

    Did you see the Palm Springs weather? 122-124 degrees for four days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You expect hot weather in Palm Springs, but even for there that is torrid.

      Delete
  3. I'm not surprised. In July 2005, Frank's brother came visit us in Salton City and it was that hot. In theses parts, AC is absolutely necessary, it's even vital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I used my old Lumix camera. Probably the same one Vincent used!

      Delete
  5. 97º !! I would be lying on the tile floor in front of the refrigerator lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be sleeping in your cellar like I used to when I was a kid on hot nights in the Ohio River Valley. Love the night sky photo!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?