02 July 2017

Chambord images and souvenirs

In the Château de Chambord there are 440 rooms, 262 fireplaces, 365 windows, and 73 staircases. That's what I read on one web site, anyway. And the plot of land it stands on measures more than 20 square miles and is surrounded by a stone wall that's 20 miles long.


The photo above is one that I took when we walked around the château. The ones below are photos that I took inside the château gift shop. There are more souvenirs to be had in there than there are rooms, windows, fireplaces, and staircases in the château.

I didn't buy any postcards...

...and I passed on the mugs...

...but I did let myself be tempted by a new mouse pad.

8 comments:

  1. A Chambord mouse pad, oh yes. Chambord liquer, better still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chambord liqueur "château" is not far from the real thing.

      Delete
  2. It's good to see an overview. It is impressive and perhaps a bit unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit... It's a monstrosity, which I don't mean in a negative way.

      Delete
  3. Mind boggling how big the place is .. walking from one side to the other would take most of a day :)
    Imagine living there .. I get cranky if I have to run back upstairs for something !
    I hope you think of this holiday as being a Winner ... it seemed like one to me. I certainly enjoyed it from here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it too. It had been a few years since my last day at Chambord.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It looks good on the coffee table in the living room.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?