04 August 2026

Apologies

I'm sorry to have disappeared from the blog. There's a lot going on here, involving doctors, pharmacists, and nurses. A few days ago,I fell as I was going up the stairs last Friday after. My injuries needed medical attention. I called in a nurse who practices in our village and she came to the house to help. She examined my wounds, disinfected everything, and applied bandages better than Walt and I could do. This week she's coming back every day to change the bandages and see if the wounds are healing properly.

Yesterday I went to see my primary care doctor. He did some paperwork that makes the cost the care I need will be covered by insurance.

Meanwhile, it is still very hot here. High temperatures are in the mid- to high 90s in ºF.

More later, as things evolve. I will recover.

PS: no bones were broken.

 

12 comments:

  1. Jan from Perth04 August, 2026 07:56

    Best wishes for a speed recovery, Ken ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ken, so sorry to hear this, but thanks for letting us know. Strangely, I tripped and fell last Thursday. Luckily no broken bones, just a lot of bruises and a strained muscle. Getting older is not much fun eh. Hope you’re on the mend and not in too much pain. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are basically okay. I think I have another week or more of daily nurse visits. My wounds have to be re-dressed daily for a while.

      Delete
  3. oh dear, sorry to hear that......glad you have access to good medical people. Speedy recovery....hope it cools down soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken so sorry this happened to you. I'm sure the heat hasn't helped things. Glad you have someone coming in to care for you! Please be well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary in Oregon04 August, 2026 22:50

    Sad reason for your missing in action, but it seems you found the avenue to recovery and most importantly someone to come and medically support you. You seem to be in good spirits and hopeful in getting back to normal. It has been 5 weeks since I fell walking my daughter's dog. No broken bones here, either. Just slow recovery (lousy at pickleball yesterday and today...) It will take time for both of us. Little by little, right? Looking forward to cooler weather for you (we're just starting a heat wave 95+F. is the prediction for today. Last night the local tv weatherman even said, "I won't be surprised if we reach 100. Ugh. One of my classmates won't be traveling to France until the first week of October. France's heat waves just keep coming. I would like to visit next year. I need to get a new passport but I will be damned if I will get one with "you know who on the cover!" Hoping you can get back to the kitchen - that seems to be relaxing and very enjoyable for you, two, and all of your readers. I have been enjoying some Alaskan Salmon that was leftover at our 60th H.S. BBQ last Saturday. Bart (classmate - who I don't remember at all), is a fisherman and offered to bring enough for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your fall. All the best wishes on your recovery.
    Linda from Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, Ken! I'm so glad that you have a daily nurse visit for this, and that it's even covered by insurance... that's fantastic. It must be reassuring (for both you and Walt) to know that the nurse will be there to take care of you. It's been a tough summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will feel so much better when it stops hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everybody. I have to go see the pharmacist again this morning. I can drive (slowly). Then the nurse will come over to re-dress my wounds before noon. The healing has started, I think.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?