22 March 2017

A sofa and a sunset

I talked to my mother on the phone yesterday. She said she was looking forward to seeing the new sofa we have just put up in the loft space (the big space we had finished off as a family room / bedroom back in 2010). The loft is still a work in progress, and I guess it always will be.


Well, there it is. We're waiting for delivery of a new rug, and I'll post some more photos once we get it and have the sofa set up on it. We went from brown to blue upholstery, because Ikea didn't have the brown material we liked. Here's a post from 2010 showing how the loft space looked when we were still getting it finished and painted.

Meanwhile, after a rainy day yesterday we got a surprisingly nice sunset. I snapped a few photos of it, and here's one:


Often, these colorful moments at sunrise or sunset last only three, four, or five minutes, so if you want colorful photos you have to act fast. If you're a minute late, all you see is a blue-gray, cloudy sky.

14 comments:

  1. The sofa looks very nice and the colour works much better in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be very comfortable staying there, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and comfortable-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue, and your loft just looks amazing. Wooo hooo for a comfy new couch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Judy, I like the blue. Quite a but of progress you've made up there since 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, quite a "bit" of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this room! Wish I had a loft! The sofa looks very comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning sunset as well as the sofa - you have very good taste as its very similar to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good. The blue is a nice shade, and the whole thing looks very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent choice of sofa.
    Your loft space is fantastic, a really comfortable room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks very nice. Did you run and hide when they delivered it and had to take it up two flights of stairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty good with it. And we were thankful we didn't have to carry the new sofa up and the old one down.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?