22 December 2015

Le Père Noël in Saint-Aignan

Yesterday I did something that I very rarely have to do any more — I got in the Peugeot and drove into Saint-Aignan to buy some bread. We don't have a bread delivery on Mondays, and since we were cooking Walt's special birthday dinner for our noontime meal, I thought we really did need a fresh baguette or two to have with our snails and steak au poivre.


The weather was clear and mild, so I took my camera with me into town, thinking that I might take pictures of some of Saint-Aignan's Christmas decorations. No such luck. I didn't find any interesting decorations that I wanted to photograph.


I had already found the photos here in my archives a day or two earlier. They're from 2005, and the decorations were just at the foot of the bridge over the Cher in Saint-Aignan, at the bottom of the main street leading up to the center of town. I have to go back down there tomorrow, so I'll look around a little more and see what I find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S. and a funny one at that. I just opened a jar of kimchi (Korean pickled cabbage) that I made nearly 6 years ago and have had stored in our cold pantry (cellier) since then. It looks really good and smells good (if you like the smell of pickled cabbage!) I think I am going to eat it. If I die of food poisoning, you will know why.


Stay tuned. I'm not planning to eat kimchi today but maybe tomorrow. On verra...

7 comments:

  1. You won't get food poisoning, the smell of the stuff kills all germs LOL
    Happy Holidays !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimchi fried rice with diced smoked sausage and chili-paste marinated shrimp -- lunch tomorrow. Hope the kimchi won't spoil our Christmas festivities.

      Delete
    2. Kimchi fried rice with diced smoked sausage and chili-paste marinated shrimp -- lunch tomorrow. Hope the kimchi won't spoil our Christmas festivities.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, that made me chuckle :) I sure hope it's safe to eat!

    Merry Santa decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt read up about kimchi on the internet and we think we will survive. Read above for tomorrow's lunch menu.

      Delete
  3. lovely snowmen and Santa Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saint Nicolas has a very red nose. I think he likes the Touraine wine.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?