24 November 2015

Stationnaire

That's the word that describes the state of my health for the time being. I feel like I'm running in place. That is, I'm out of breath and going nowhere. The cold, like last week's jet lag, has me in its tight grip.


The cold also has a tight grip on our weather. This morning is chillier than yesterday morning or the morning before. That's about to change — it's supposed to rain tomorrow, with snow flakes falling over in Champagne and Bourgogne. We're having soupe à l'oignon for lunch again today.

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing much you can do about it , but have onion soup :)
    It is only going to begin, here where I live ... months of bitter cold and probably too much snow and being trapped in the house with 2 bored cats.. unless someone buys my house and I get to move South. As far South as I can get ~
    Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather must be gorgeous in winter in Tierra del Fuego !

      Delete
    2. Naples, Florida. San Diego, California. Just a couple of thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Weather is nice here right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to have no heat for the rest of the day and night, until tomorrow sometime! Luckily, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. With the wood stove and an electric radiator, I guess we will survive.

      Delete
  3. Ken, hope you feel better and are able to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be easy with the new boiler being installed. Doors are bound to be open. The boiler will be out of commission until tomorrow sometime. It will be nice when the work is finished.

      Delete
  4. Time to buy an electric blanket or two?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather turned much warmer today, so the house has been comfortable with just a fire in the wood stove in the living room and an electric radiator on for 2 or 3 hours up in the loft. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?