25 November 2015

Seen from a window

I think I want to call this « Bleu Blanc Beige ». Work on our neighbors' house continues. Render has been applied to the old stone walls, and now the stone trim and window surrounds are being refaced. Yesterday, these three guys were out working on all that as a cold, fine drizzle fell on the hamlet.


We knew the workers were there, because one of them came over early yesterday morning to get the neighbors' house keys from us. A little later, Walt had taken Callie over to the vet's office for her annual visit, and I was heating up some onion soup, toasting bread, and grating cheese in the kitchen when I noticed the crew working across the way. Les trois mousquetaires...

10 comments:

  1. Thirdly... how are you?

    That's a nice looking finish...
    looking back at the October post, it was quite an area to complete...
    one question... is this one of the occasional visit houses...
    or permanently occupied?
    Second question/thought... if it is the former, are you about to get some new permanent neighbours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is not occupied all the time, and no, we are not getting new neighbors.

      Delete
  2. Why not... "Scene from a kitchen?"....
    yesss, terrible... I know!!... it is the weather!
    I blame it on the rain...
    buzzzzzt...zzt...zttt...zzz....
    it is causing my brain to short circuit....
    buzzzzzt...zzt...zttt...zzz....
    all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have always called groups of three Tom, Dick and Harry. People, animals or even peaks of hills. Why, I don't know but I felt I had to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like James stewart in " rear Window" ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a second there I thought that you had written 'Bleu Blanc Belge', which is a famous cattle breed, renowned for its juicy meat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little do these mecs know that they are on the Internet this morning. Your camera did a good job of bringing them into our view! I like that they have chosen different outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know what render was, so I learned a new word today. The tree has quite a bit of attractive lichens growing on it.

    Are you two doing traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year for yourselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are having a mushroom omelet for our Thanksgiving dinner this year. Until the boiler installation work is complete, all bets are off. But I did buy a nice gigot d'agneau today, and we are hoping to cook it on Friday. That'll be our seasonal feast.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?