31 July 2014

Country road

Just a few photos today, taken through the car windshield as we drove through the Touraine countryside from Le Petit-Pressigny toward Le Grand-Pressigny. Some of you who read this know the area much better than I do. Enjoy.


In a way, I'm glad July is ending, even if it means summer is speeding by. After a short chilly spell, our summery weather is back now. The bread lady returned from her two-week vacation on Tuesday, and I asked her if she had a good time down in the Auvergne. Yes, she said, but not such good weather. « On n'a pas eu un bon mois de juillet... », she said, adding « nulle part ». In my case, July was just too busy, I think. I feel exhausted. Maybe it's my age.

8 comments:

  1. If you'd taken / published a picture just after the 70kph zone....
    I would have looked at a picture of here!!
    I've enjoyed this trundle....
    as the driver, I'm concentrating too much on the road to take the time to look at what's interesting....
    'specially at the moment with huge tractor/trailer combos...
    and their equal sized grain wagons chugging [full] or hurtling [empty]...
    along our road!
    These shots don't look quite as peaceful at the moment...
    next time you drive along our road...
    stop for an English!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim, I thought we must have passed right by your place. We had some close calls, too, along the narrow country lanes. Near the bridge that crosses the Aigronne an oncoming car nearly ran us off the road. The driver was obviously not paying attention and didn't notice us until the last second, when he swerved back toward his side of the road.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how good photos taken from a moving vehicle can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun taking pictures that way and not worrying about how they would come out. I took some with my Lumix camera and others with my Android tablet. Both devices gave good results.

      Delete
    2. Actually, the four photos in today's post are ones that I took with the Android tablet, an Acer A1-810. I had hardly ever taken any photos with it before. I'm impressed.

      Delete
  3. our juillet has been 4 days froid (windows open), 4 days chaud (air conditioner on). rainy too. aout is probably going to be hot and steamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our July weather was not out of the ordinary. It's just that last July was exceptionally hot. The pattern this year seemed to be several hot days, then some rainy and cool days, and then some more hot days. Everything is very green, but the garden is taking its time. Hope you don't suffer too much in August.

      Delete
  4. Ken typical countryside landscape but so lovely and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?